Free Quote Request

We've Reached Our Limit 

Sorry, but we are seriously overbooked for the April 18 due date and do not have the capacity to process any more quote requests until after April 18th. If you are a nonresident alien with no wage income in the U.S., or if you are a U.S. citizen or resident living outside the U.S. on April 18, the due date for filing your tax return is June 15.

If you are not one of those people, and you need to file a personal tax return, you can apply for an automatic extension of time to file. The simple process is described below.

How To Request An Extension.  You can claim an automatic extension to file your tax return by making an extension payment at Choose the box labeled “Make a Payment,” and for the reason for payment select “Extension” from the drop-down list. Make sure the tax period for payment is 2022, and select “Continue.”

You will be asked for a tax year for verification, which can be any year for which you have filed a U.S. tax return in recent years. You will then be asked to enter information that was used in the tax return you selected. If this is your first U.S. tax return, or if you do not have a U.S. bank account email We will try to help.

When you get to the payment page, you can pay any amount you want, which will be transferred directly from your bank account. The extension will be effective even with a minimal payment. Continue until you have completed all steps and arrive at a Confirmation page. If you enter your email address, you will also receive an email confirmation.

The extension gives you until October 15 to file your tax return and avoid the failure to file penalty of 5% per month (to a maximum of 25%). The extension will not, however, prevent the failure to pay penalty (.5% per month) and interest (7% per annum) from accruing on any tax that you owe on April 18. If you believe you owe tax, make the largest payment you can. If you pay too much, you will get the excess back with interest when you file your tax return.

What Happens If You Don’t Extend? Well, if you have a refund coming, absolutely nothing. You will have no penalties to worry about and the IRS will pay you interest on your refund. For more information about extensions and different ways to file, go to

State Extensions. Most state tax departments accept the federal extension form, but some do not. Here is a link to the state tax agencies to download state extension forms:

Please Request A Free Quote for After April 18. We would like to send you a quote, but after April 18. You can fill in the questionnaire any time prior to then. We really appreciate your business.

Form 5472 Filers. If you are required to file Form 5472, please email

Before You Begin

in the questionnaire below, we ask only general questions regarding your work in the United States and abroad, and your business, rental and investment income. The only identifying information we request is your name and email address. If you are a foreign national and not a permanent resident, we must know your visa history and the number of days you were present in the United States for at least the last three years, so you should have your passport and travel dates handy. For a general menu of our fees for various forms see our Fee Schedule.

There are potentially 87 short screens of questions - but don't panic - virtually nobody is required to answer that many questions. You are only presented with the screens relevant to you, so you will likely see only a fraction of the 87 screens. That means there are a few slow spots while the form shuffles through questions you don't need to answer. The survey is shorter for US citizens and residents, and longer for foreign nationals with work visas. The completion time is anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes, depending on your situation. Finally, if you don't see a question below asking for your name, it means the server is just down temporarily. Please check back.

Let's Get Started With Your Quote Request

If you must leave the form before you submit it, your answers should be saved in your browser. Please be sure to answer each question carefully so that we can properly determine your best filing strategy. The correct answer to each question is critical for us to properly determine the tax forms you are required to file and whether you are potentially eligible for treaty benefits. If you are a foreign national and would like to determine whether you are classified as a nonresident alien or a resident alien, see Your Residency Status Questionnaire before you start.

Oh, and one more thing - Don't hit the "PREVIOUS" link. Because of the conditional logic of the form, this will probably create an error message and it will be necessary to start again.

Free Quote Request for Tax Services